Our head brewer Dave Macgill is an IPA fanatic, but he’s always thought there were too many out there already. But then his ego started to whisper stuff like, ‘why don’t you have a crack at making the best one you can.’
His ego won, and here it is (the beer, not his ego).
A limited release (we’ll definitely never add an IPA to the core range, no sir).
It’s light in colour and uses a well balanced pale base malt bill, including specialty malts from Germany for some complexity. The hops present big fruit-driven notes coupled with a piny, resinous backbone that will make your tongue furry if you drink a lot.
This sprightly, heavily-hopperised (that’s a technical term), beast is guaranteed to stand tall even in this most oversaturated of categories.
Hops: A shitload of Mosaic, Galaxy and Simcoe.
IPA ON TAP AT THESE VENUES:
- Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Berriedale.
- Fox and Hounds Inn, Port Arthur.
- Frank Restaurant and Bar, Hobart.
- Hotel Bruny, Bruny Island.
- Jack Greene, Hobart.
- Saint John Craft Beer, Launceston.
- Street Eats @ Franko, Hobart.
- Suzie Lucks Canteen and Cocktail Bar , Hobart.
- Tandy's Alehouse Launceston.
- Tasmanian Inn, North Hobart.
- Republic Bar, North Hobart.
- The Whaler, Hobart.
- Phat Fish, Hobart.
- The Glasshouse, Hobart.
- The Salty Dog, Kingston.
- Carwyn Cellars, Thornbury.
- Prince Alfred ,Port Melbourne.
- North Port Hotel, Port Melbourne.
- The Great Northern Hotel, Carlton.
- Foragers Drop, Mitcham.
- Wandi Pub, Wandiligong.
- Beer Deluxe, Fed Square Melbourne.
- Mount Macedon Hotel, Mount Macedon.
- The Lincoln, Carlton.
- Captain Melville , Melbourne.
- Kirks Wine Bar, Melbourne.
- The Pig and Whistle, Olinda.
- New South Whales
- Welcome Hotel, Rozelle.
- Station Bar + Woodfired Pizza, Katoomba.
- Woolpack Hotel, Redfern.
- Old Clare Hotel, Chippendale.
- The Rose Hotel, Chippendale.
- Leura Cellars, Leura.
- Hotel Sweenys, Sydney.
- Wil & Sons, Newcastle.
- Bitter Phew, Darlinghurst.
- Noble Hops, Redfern.
- Blind Bear, Cronulla
- Welders Dog, Armidale.
- Warners at the Bay Bottleshop, Warners Bay
- The Taphouse, Darlinghurst.
- Monkey Bar, Dubbo.
- The Australian Heritage Hotel, The Rocks.